The one-on-one conversation provide you the opportunity to discuss the learned material with fellow learners, as well as with the instructor.
Clicking on the Chat tab shows all the users you have conversations with (and the last message that was written).
Clicking on any of the conversations shows all previous messages with that person.
Once a new chat message was sent to a user, the user will see an indication with the number of new messages:
New message indication when in People tab
Clicking on the chat enables you to read the messages and dismisses the indication for new messages.
The chat enables a richer experience of writing:
- Ordered list (Type 1. (or any other number followed by a period) at the beginning of a new line and it will magically transform to an ordered list)
- Bullet list (Type * , - or + at the beginning of a new line)
Shift + Enter for a new line
- Emojis (Add smiley faces, hearts, winks, etc. by typing their shortcuts and a space after them:
- Bold - Type double asterisks for **Bold text**
- Italic - Type underscores for _Italic Text_
- Highlight - Type equal signs ==like this== to highlight
- Blockquote - Type > at the beginning of a new line